Curly Grace

Monday, July 31, 2006

An eventful weekend

Okay, let's start with Saturday. On Saturday, mom and I got up at 6 o'clock in the morning to get ready for our short trip down to San Diego. This was the first visit we made to meet my cousin's new family - his wife and their toddler. The drive wasn't as smooth as I expected. A lot of people were heading down to San Diego early in the morning. Knowing me, an impatient driver, I kept passing cars to get ahead. Luckily we arrived at my cousin's house just before our arranged meeting time at 10 o'clock. My aunt was really happy to see us. She took us around the house and the backyard. Oh their backyard was lovely! They had a pond that was surrounded by rocks, and a rocky road around it. On the outer side of the road, a large variety of plants covered the earth. They had a mixture of western and eastern flowers and trees. They also had a BBQ shelter that was made out of wood standing in the corner. There were no houses behind their backyard. Having a such well-designed garden and absolute privacy was something I would look for when buying a house. My cousin's family got up soon after I arrived. Little Chloe still had sleepy eyes. Aww poor girl! She was so shy at the beginning that she wouldn't look at us, but after a while she became more friendly and started playing with us. Oh and she had so many Elmo's! I was glad that I didn't buy another Elmo for her. Mom bought auntie a big bag of peaches that was giving away a really nice peachy scent, which was a sign of deliciousness. And I bought Chloe, my niece, a Fisher Price play house! According to my aunt the next day, Chloe played with her new play house until 2 o'clock in the morning and got up at noon the next day. I was really delighted to hear that, not for the fact that she stayed up late but for the fact that she loved my present. I wasn't sure who she looked like. Her cheeks looked like my aunt's, eyes like my cousin's, and facial impressions like her mom Katherine's. She had a good mix of features - a cute little girl. We went to have dim sum after my cousin's family finished dressing. Chinese food in San Diego was terrible due to lack of competition. Irvine actually had better dim sum than they did. After a short not-so-good lunch, we parted our way with my cousin's family and went to hang out with my aunt. My aunt was funny. She took us to places she had never been before and called that exploring her neighborhood cities with relatives, in which case she felt less guilty for using up her gasoline. I really enjoyed the exploration. She took us to La Jolla. The beach there was beautiful and not as crowded as the ones in OC. We stood on a cliff and looked about. If I didn't wear a dress, I would have walked on sand. A bunch of people were parasailing, and my aunt was saying that after my other uncles and aunts come to the US, we will all go parasailing. Hmm that's a thought to look forward to. Oh and we also went to the Christian temple in La Jolla. We found out that churches are open to the public, but temples are not. Temples only allow visitors during the first three days of their opening. I took a bunch of pictures and I will post them to my album later. We left San Diego around 8 o'clock and got home around 9.

On Sunday, I went to karaokee with Aaron. It was the first time I went to a karaokee and I had a lot of fun. We were to excited about the event that we went to Bolsa early in the afternoon for Pho. Then we couldn't find anything to do to kill time, since the karaokee place opened at 3 o'clock. So Aaron drove all the way to Fry's, where we aisle shopped at Fry's, played with a few merchandize, like the mickey mouse lamp. Then we headed back to the karaokee place. We arrived at the front door at 3 o'clock. There was already a line of folks waiting to get in, but the doors were closed. They must have been earning a lot of money, so they didn't need to open on time. So we hopped over to the boba place to get a drink. When the place opened, we got a private room and hoped that no one could hear us from outside. We really sucked at singing, but following the melody without a leading singer was harder than I thought. I'll need a lot of practice for our next karaokee session.

And today after lunch, Billy and I stopped by the pet shop in Spectrum. We saw these two pretty parrots locked up in a cage with a lot of toys. The first bird was trying to push a big toy ladder out of the cage with its beak through the gap at the bottom of the cage, and the other bird was trying to pull it back in. The one that was pushing learned that the gap on one side of the cage was narrower, so it moved the ladder to the other side of the cage and pushed the ladder through. The ladder dropped on the floor in front of the table where the cage laid. Then the two birds tilted their heads and looked though the gap with one eye to see where the ladder had dropped on the floor. It was hilarious. Just to play around, I picked up the ladder and pushed it back into the cage, and the birds started repeating what they were doing. Haha, parrots are smart.

Labels:

0 witty remark(s):

Post a witty remark

<< Home